Do not lay up for yourselves treasure on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matthew 6:19-21

Monday, April 11, 2011

Thank You Lord!

So, I've really been struggling w/ my homemaking (or lack there of) and I began praying continuously several weeks ago that God would put a desire in my heart to "love" my home and care for it accordingly. You see I never considered myself to be a perfectionist by any means, now a control freak, Yes lol! But I find myself frantically running around trying to get it in order when I just can't stand it any more just to turn around & see that it is in total disarray yet again! Seriously? but then in my back and forth convo with my Abba Father it has dawned on me (meaning he showed me & i pretend to have thought of it myself) wink, wink. Our home was always spotless before because we didn't live in it really, Wesley & I both worked all day Aaron was at school then there was always a function or practice to be at before grabbing a bite to eat then heading home in time for bed. But now, I'm blessed to be able to stay home all day with all 3 of my wonderful children, we eat, sleep , play, learn, & live in our home. It is in constant motion & when I look at it from that perspective the stress factor leaves me, now that doesn't mean I can just throw my hands up and quit. I must still keep up on daily upkeep and regular cleaning routines but instead of looking into my living room & seeing a magazine cover I see... a pile of books that we've shared together, a blanket that we snuggle under together, a puzzle worked so patiently by my babygirl, a life! What a gift I've been given, Thank you Lord for showing me!

Check out this incredible blog & e-book, I feel like Jesus just gave me Ice cream with my cake ;)


http://31daystoclean.com/

1 comment:

  1. Ok, so you were well overdue for another blog, but that's ok, it was well worth waiting for! I know you always feel my remarks are sarcastic, but what I am saying is true...we used to live in a house, now we live in our home. No, it's not perfect, but it's ours and we live here. Sometimes I may forget about all that you do, but then when you are away I am quickly reminded just how important you are to all of us.
    Thank you thank you thank you for all that you do to keep this home held together!

    I Love You!!!!

    ReplyDelete