Do not lay up for yourselves treasure on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matthew 6:19-21

Friday, April 22, 2011

Booksbloom

So our home school co-op hosted Gary & Jan Bloom for a BooksBloom Seminar. It was simply wonderful. For more info on them and their love for the written word click here. I've fallen in love with the living books and this concept of education: Education is, an atmosphere, a discipline, a life...Charlotte Mason. This year our schooling has been so smooth and lovely, Thank You Jesus!


I knew before I left that I would want to buy everything lol, so when i asked my dear sweet husband how much I could spend, he replied with a nervous..."try to keep it under $100" And off on my mission I began...
I learned, listened, talked to liked minded people in my circle for day1. Day2, I went with a carefully compiled booklist with the help of the lovely Sonya Shafer and began to shop, and shop, and shop. After shopping, calculating, discounts (20% off everything) and coupons ($15 off) I came home with about 35 books from my wish list and spent $99.96! Hey that's under $100! :) ahhh bliss! 
Yes, I am very easily excited (;



No comments:

Post a Comment