Do not lay up for yourselves treasure on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matthew 6:19-21

Thursday, April 14, 2011

My Dream...

about a month ago my cousin & I took a group of teenage girls to The Revolve Tour!
Awesome Conference! check it out if you've never heard of it www.revolvetour.com
the overall theme for the weekend was Dreams whether it be for your homelife, school,
career choice, your future husband all aspects of your life. That as children we all have dreams and
often as we grown into adults the world wears away at our dreams making us think that 
they are silly or childish, not meaning to be relevant in adulthood. But our God who knows
us inside and out has put these dreams and desires within us, he knows what makes us tick,
this is a gift! And while I was thinking, Wow, this is so great for the girls to hear!



The Lord began a work in me. I was overwhelmed but His hand in my life, see when I was younger, I had a plan. I did extremely well in school, loved learning & my dream was to attend Florida States University, My Major would be Psychology, my Minor would be Acting (theatre) literally by the time I was in 5th grade this was my plan and would be my plan until the day I took a pregnancy and it was positive. I was only 16 years old, I had walked away from God's will for my life and blatantly disregarded the umbrella of protection that my parents supplied for me. I done this, I ruined my plan, my dream....

By the time I was 18 I had a beautiful baby boy, left my mom & dad, married, divorced, and moved back home to raise my child as a single mom. I had failed, in every sense of the word as far as I was concerned. So I stopped dreaming I did what I  needed to do each day to make it through, to care for my son in the best way I could. Little my little God pulled me back to him. Changed my heart, helped me let go of bitterness & the shame that I carried for so long. I realize now looking back that my boy through all the mistakes I had made and the sin I had committed, God gave him to me! He chose me to be his mom, so surely I can do this, if not for myself for him :)....

This story seems now like I am reading about someone else, seeing how far The Lord has brought me...
fast forward to now & it literally hit me like a ton of bricks! Jesus put in me a new dream, and I hadn't even realized it, Wow! I prayed for a godly husband, to love me even on the days I don't love myself, I prayed for healthy children, I prayed and dreamed of the day I could live this "Leave it to Beaver" life.
So, not only did God put in my heart a new dream but He also gave me my dream! I am so thankful, so aware of how unworthy I am for His constant presence & blessings in my life. 
Makes everything else seem so small (=
I'm living the Dream, My Dream ... Blows my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment